Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Selling Furniture on Craigslist


We've had this Console table for a few years from Target's Georgetown collection. We got it on clearance and it's still carried on their website. We needed to get rid of it as we bought an entertainment unit from Wal-Mart with tons of storage for the baby's and husband's toys.

After giving the table a good wipe down and touching it up with a black Sharpie, I put white foam boards behind it for picture taking. I didn't want the armoire, tray tables, toys and frames laying in the back to distract from the table.

Online it sells for $140 plus tax with free shipping, so I decided to sell mine at half that. I listed the dimensions and indicated that the table had normal surface scratches and a bumped corner. I priced it low at $70 for quick sale as we have very limited space in our 600 sq. ft. living/kitchen area.

It sold in less than 24 hours for the asking price.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! I've never sold on CL but reading your post and others like, especially My Dear Trash, I'm very inspired to try it out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when things sell quickly on Craigslist! Well done!

    ReplyDelete